In Search Of...

Hey fabulous SLPs!

I just got out of a meeting in which the parent said the child has errors in Arabic that we have not noticed in English, either due to the errors parent reported being sounds not present in English or simply because he speaks much more at a conversational level in Arabic and is at a single word and phrase level in English. He is an extremely limited English speaker, and Arabic is by far his dominant language. I told his mother that we weren't hearing any developmentally inappropriate sound errors when he speaks in English at school at this time and that I would gather data to get more information about this particular case.

Does anyone happen to have an Arabic word list (much like the parent checklist that we send home for articulation data in English) that touches on the different phonemes present in Arabic, so I can compare it to his English sound production?

If so, PLEASE let me know ASAP! :)

Side note: I do already have the Bilinguistics: Difference or Disorder book. Thank you, Mandy!

Thanks in advance!

Kristina Barth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Informed SLP Grammar Guide

Picture Books for 4-6

MSB Goals