MSB Goals

Hey everyone!

As I have been progress monitoring my students' goals, I noticed that sometimes the goals in MSB do not match the goals on their progress reports in esped. I was under the impression that MSB updated every day and would pull in esped goals. I'm not sure where some of the goals I've been submitting data for came from, because according to esped, my students don't have those things as goals. I hope that makes sense. Has this happened to anyone else?  Help!

Lori

Comments

  1. What I've noticed is MSB pulls in any speech goals from esped that have been ARDed in the past year, so if you had more than one ARD or did a AAA to change goals last year, it is pulling all of it in. Go into an event containing your student who has extra goals, and under all of their goals, select the blue text that says, "exclude goals". It will give you a comprehensive list of all of their goals from the past year (with date ranges included), and you just check everything that isn't the most current speech goal to exclude them. I've had to do this with a couple of mine, so maybe this can help you as well.

    What I'm most concerned about is that we're spending all of this time entering in data for sessions, but the "session summary" pages that I can generate are NOT user friendly. I'd love to ask the company if there's any way to get a summary of data PER OBJECTIVE for a specified date range (e.g. 3/4 + 6/9 + 2/3 = 11/15 (73%)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a student that came from SmallTalk, and before he came to me he had a AAA for new goals. Only the old goals will show up in MSB...I did the live chat to problem solve like 2 weeks ago and the person said they would look into it and get back to me. They haven't yet...and I understand what you mean about the data. I will not be taking my data in there any more because it's not accessible when I need to go back and look at it. :(

      Delete
  2. I have had the same problems. It has been time consuming to enter the data because my goals and objectives are not in the same order as they are in ESPED. I called the help line back in September and they said they would be working on the glitches, but I haven't seen changes yet. The summary data pages are difficult to use for marking progress for 9 weeks so I've continued to have to use my data sheets for now. I agree it would be nice to get the summary of data per objective because of all the time we've been putting into having the data placed in the system. I have also had to go in and delete or change my goals that have not been updated from ESPED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A problem I have with MSB goals is that for some of my kids, it won't display all their goals. I see only 2 of my kid's 3 goals. I have even tried "Access additional student goals", but it doesn't come up under there.
    Also, when I try to exclude old goals, the changes don't save to all future sessions, and I have to exclude them every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have checked under access additional goals too and they won't show up. Now I feel super paranoid that there are goals that I will miss treating for if I just trust what is in MSB. I'm so nervous I'm going to miss something that I am ending up doing double work data tracking on paper (with the actual goals) then going to MSB and trying to figure out how to put data in for goals that won't show up and delete the goals that are listed in there inappropriately.

      Delete
  4. In using MSB last year in my previous district I learned there are often 2 files on one student. This shouldn't be the case, but it does happen (especially with initials when we bill for evaluation before they're in eSped with a report). I'd go to your "ADD STUDENT" button and type in the student's name. If 2 names pop up for the same student then you'll need to live chat with them and ask them to merge the two files. That always fixed my goal issues. Maybe this will help??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Informed SLP Grammar Guide

Picture Books for 4-6