Hey everyone! The Informed SLP just released a free resource on their blog to help SLPs with targeting grammar forms in the therapy. They've compiled a spreadsheet called "Grammatical Concepts of English: Suggested Order of Intervention." I've copied the link for the blog post below, and you can find the spreadsheet here . The Informed SLP Blog post: https://www.theinformedslp.com/how-to/grammar-chart They do explain in the blog post that there are " no systematic studies have yet been completed that show which order of intervention is most effective." Even though this is the case, they've used the research that is available to try to describe logical sequences for targets. They describe how the information in the spreadsheet is organized in the bl og post . It looked like it could be helpful, so I thought it was worth sharing! -Janie
I'm not sure if this would be too high or not for your students. I've been able to use it with a few of my DLC students who are verbal, but I don't always use the "on grade level" one, but instead go down a grade level or two.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Curriculum-Based-Social-Language-Assessments-for-Grades-K-5-Aligned-with-CCSS-2978624
Haha!! I was going to recommend you talk to Rivka because she did some cool things with DLC assessment last year, but then I discovered that you ARE Rivka. You could do a play based assessment, an observation (You an the teacher could use the ILAUGH if it is not too high. There is also an old observation form that was either a district form or a TSHA form. I can't remember which.), use the CELF-5 Pragmatics activities checklist (if that is not too high), and the CELF-5 pragmatics profile. My focus group will be discussing this but we are working on narrative right now, so I won't have info for you for awhile. I hope this helps in the meantime.
ReplyDeleteThere is also a pragmatic section to the FCP. It includes verbal communicators. I think a conversational sample is good and looking at the different pragmatic aspects.
ReplyDelete