Junior High /r/ homework
I have a student who's /r/ is just STUCK. He's got it in some positions and not in others, i feel like we're starting over each session with the sound and he's got much more important pragmatic goals to be targeting with our time... SO...
Anyone have a tried and true homework /r/ packet? I'm working on making on with visuals of placement for bunched /r/ (his preferred method) with word lists and sentences. I'm hopeful that more daily practice, monitored by mom, will boost his intelligibility.
Anyone have a tried and true homework /r/ packet? I'm working on making on with visuals of placement for bunched /r/ (his preferred method) with word lists and sentences. I'm hopeful that more daily practice, monitored by mom, will boost his intelligibility.
I have a bunch of sentences and paragraphs by type of /r/ I send home. In the past I have given students a card (business card sized) with 20 (mastered in speech) words and my school phone number on it. I had them call my school phone and say the words either at the word, phrase, or sentence level over the phone. That way I knew they were doing their homework each night and I could take data on it. I could listen for error patterns as well. I also saved some of the messages and we listened to them together the next time they were in speech. I have some junior high specific word lists as well with harder words. Please let me know if you want any of my materials.
ReplyDeleteSentences and paragraphs by type of /r/ would be great! I love the business card idea too. I'll pull my friend and get a list of mastered words going. Thanks!
DeleteLove that idea!!
Delete