BHSM is coming...
Is anyone doing anything awesome on their campus for Better Hearing and Speech Month?
Anyone do anything in the past that was successful--or not--that you'd be willing to share?
I'd like to do something to help my campus better understand why I'm there and what I (can) do!
I'm thinking...
Speech bubbles posted around campus with QR codes that lead to quizlets, factoids, videos, etc. related to speech/language
A raffle for teachers with multiple opportunities to earn entries by answering questions related to speech/language
Maybe asking if any staff members are comfortable sharing their speech therapy stories from when they were in speech as kids.
Making a bulletin board of famous people or historical figures who had speech therapy
Anyone else?
Anyone do anything in the past that was successful--or not--that you'd be willing to share?
I'd like to do something to help my campus better understand why I'm there and what I (can) do!
I'm thinking...
Speech bubbles posted around campus with QR codes that lead to quizlets, factoids, videos, etc. related to speech/language
A raffle for teachers with multiple opportunities to earn entries by answering questions related to speech/language
Maybe asking if any staff members are comfortable sharing their speech therapy stories from when they were in speech as kids.
Making a bulletin board of famous people or historical figures who had speech therapy
Anyone else?
I've done this one in the past: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BHSM-Better-Hearing-and-Speech-Month-Blow-Pop-tags-for-Teachers-1844793
ReplyDeleteThis packet (and a lot of others) is FREE on TPT... https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Better-Hearing-and-Speech-Month-Awareness-Packet-for-SLPs-Freebie-1237677
ReplyDeleteI did it last year and it was so cute. I gave teachers bottles of water one day, ear plugs one day, and a highlighter the next day, then I did a drawing for a "bigger" prize for any teacher who turned in the quiz at the end. My teachers loved it! I also did a great BHSM lesson with my kids, but I can't seem to find it now.
I really like your idea about asking staff members to share their speech therapy stories or doing the QR codes!