Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone happens to have any presentations you’ve used to educate a class about stuttering? One of my stuttering referrals asked their mom if I’d be able to talk to his class about stuttering. Before I spend a bunch of time putting something together, I thought I’d ask to see if you had anything you’ve used before.
Thanks in advance!

Ali Lawrence

Comments

  1. I would consider working with the student to make a presentation. I did that with a 3rd grader and he worked with another speech friend in his class to research what stuttering is, types of stuttering, famous people who stutter, and even talked about what stuttering looked like/felt like for him. He gave the presentation himself and it was so incredible to watch! I can share pictures of his finished work if you decide to go this route!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was seeing this student currently, I would definitely do that! He's a referral right now and mom wants this presentation done like yesterday so in this case, I would just like to put something together quickly to present on his behalf. He's not comfortable doing that yet since he's not getting therapy currently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Informed SLP Grammar Guide

Picture Books for 4-6

MSB Goals