Books for Elementary

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have suggestions for books they love to use with their elementary kids? I'm coming from PPCD and am looking for books/activities I could use to target a variety of needs. Thank you!

-Ashley Pitala, JHE

Comments

  1. Here are some of my go-to books:
    - anything by Jan Brett
    - How I Became a Pirate by David Shannon
    - A Bad Case of the Stripes by David Shannon
    - Amelia Bedelia
    - Enemy Pie by Derek Munson
    - Personal Space Camp by Julia Cook
    I also use my school librarian to find biographies and non-fiction books around themes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's some that I use!
    -The "Mr. Panda" books by Steve Antony
    -I Want My Hat Back by John Klassen
    -Grumpy Monkey by Suzanne Lang
    -Don't Touch My Hair by Sharee Miller
    -The "What Do You Do With..." series by Kobi Yamada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are some of the books I love:
    -Anything by Chris Van Alsburg (e.g., Jumanji, Two Bad Ants, The Widow's Broom, The Wretched Stone, The Polar Express, etc.)
    - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Pickels to Pitsburg by Judi Barrett
    - Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
    - Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard
    - All of the Howard B. Wigglebottom books for my younger students with pragmatic deficits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Informed SLP Grammar Guide

Picture Books for 4-6

MSB Goals