GROW Conference Session Information
Hi all,
I hope your summer has gone well. I wanted to give you a little more information about the two sessions I will be leading at the GROW Conference in order to help you decide what session you want to go to.
Narrative Focus Group Update: This is an update of what our Narrative/Pragmatic Language Executive Function Focus Group has been doing over the past year. Several members of the group will be presenting this information. We will be focusing on Narrative Language only with this presentation. We will be discussing elicitation, assessment, report writing, and treatment of narrative language. We will also be incorporating expository and persuasive oral narratives which are elicited at the secondary level. This presentation will give useful information for SLPs at both elementary and secondary levels.
Social Thinking Providers Conference Review: This is a review of several sessions Mandy and I went to at the Social Thinking Providers Conference. You will have the option of picking between 6 different sessions we attended. We will review up to three of those sessions based on what you want to know about. Several of these sessions are geared towards adolescents as that age range is primarily who I work with so those are the sessions I attended. There is also a GREAT session by Sarah Ward we went to that we HIGHLY recommend.
See y'all there!
- Nichole
I hope your summer has gone well. I wanted to give you a little more information about the two sessions I will be leading at the GROW Conference in order to help you decide what session you want to go to.
Narrative Focus Group Update: This is an update of what our Narrative/Pragmatic Language Executive Function Focus Group has been doing over the past year. Several members of the group will be presenting this information. We will be focusing on Narrative Language only with this presentation. We will be discussing elicitation, assessment, report writing, and treatment of narrative language. We will also be incorporating expository and persuasive oral narratives which are elicited at the secondary level. This presentation will give useful information for SLPs at both elementary and secondary levels.
Social Thinking Providers Conference Review: This is a review of several sessions Mandy and I went to at the Social Thinking Providers Conference. You will have the option of picking between 6 different sessions we attended. We will review up to three of those sessions based on what you want to know about. Several of these sessions are geared towards adolescents as that age range is primarily who I work with so those are the sessions I attended. There is also a GREAT session by Sarah Ward we went to that we HIGHLY recommend.
See y'all there!
- Nichole
Comments
Post a Comment